Library Officer x2
Great holiday allowance, excellent benefits package, 1000s of retail discounts and fantastic pension options.
We currently have an opportunity for a Library Officer x2 to join our current staff in the Northenden and Fielden Campus on a permanent, full time (37hrs per week) basis.
The Manchester College is based at many sites across the city, each with its own specialist cutting edge facilities within a friendly and supportive environment. You will deliver a high quality library and information service which supports and facilitates learning and achievement. Manage a campus Library and/or a key aspect of the Libraries' resources and services and contribute to management and continuous improvement of the cross college Library Service. Support, develop and promote the library service to all LTE Group users by communicating effectively with a wide range of customers, tutors, colleagues, suppliers and other key people.
As directed by the Library Coordinator, the candidate will work as part of the team to deliver a quality library and information service which supports and facilitates learning and achievement to all college users.
Key responsibilities (but not limited to) are as follows:
- Reception duties welcoming users to the library. Take payments including cash for purchases of products and services including library fines and cash reconciliation.
- Control of the issue desk for the circulation of books and other resources.
- Carry out administrative duties to maintain the effective and efficient operation of the library.
- Design and deliver induction and information literacy programmes to support users in the effective use of print and online resources. Promote reading and literacy including partnership with external organisations.
- Provide a high standard of display materials to enhance the appearance of the Library in order to provide relevant information regarding resources and themes to encourage the use of all resources.
- Accurately input data using library and college systems with due regard to data protection
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Level 2 English and Math
- Level 2 Certificate in Libraries
- Previous experience in Library, Archives and Information Services or Administration, Customer Services, IT or equivalent
- Use of Microsoft Office
The Manchester College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes.
Please note that we will request a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check for the successful candidate for this post.