Senior Curriculum Manager: Art & Media and Hair & Beauty
WE ARE STRIVING FOR EXCELLENCE – ARE YOU?
Salary: £50,815 (dependent on qualifications and experience)
It is an exciting time to join Harrow College as we continue to diversify our business to enhance the quality and range of provision for our existing and established markets whilst actively seeking out new opportunities for growth and future sustainability.
With impressive success rates, Harrow College ranks as one of the highest performing colleges in the region. Operating from two large sites plus the Harrow Skills Centre and Whitefriars Training Centre which offers vocational training opportunities in a range of construction and associated trades.
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and proactive Senior Curriculum Manager for Art & Media and Hair & Beauty who will drive the area forward to Outstanding, and continue to develop the curriculum to enhance progression into HE and employment.
As the Senior Curriculum Manager for Art & Media and Hair & Beauty, you will be responsible for the continuing development of these curriculum areas:
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- To lead curriculum areas within the Directorate.
- Contributing to the Department’s strategic plan and forecasts.
- Effectively monitoring delivery and quality of courses and support for learners.
- To work proactively to ensure continuous improvement in student attendance, retention and achievement on Harrow’s journey to outstanding.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have strong experience of managing, and knowledge of the Creative Arts curriculum related to Art, Digital and Media. Knowledge of the Hair & Beauty curriculum, and having run apprenticeships would be an additional advantage.
- Be an experienced people manager with effective planning, organisation and financial management skills.
- Be able to demonstrate a successful track record in delivering vocational training and working with young people, as an outstanding teaching and learning practitioner.
- Have first class communication skills.
- Have the necessary drive and enthusiasm to ensure innovation and change.
If you have all of these qualities and would like an opportunity to play a leading role in the continued development of our successful College, we would like to hear from you.
The closing date for receipt of completed application forms/CV’s is 12 noon on Monday 18 September 2017.
To apply for this position please contact Human Resources link below, with your CV, completed equal opportunities form and supporting statement after considering the job description and person specification. When applying please ensure you quote the reference number relating to the post.
If you do not hear from us within 2 week of the closing date please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Harrow College is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment.