PROCAT is a specialist college which has been established to meet the workforce development needs of businesses which operate in sectors which are critical to the UK economy. This includes advanced apprenticeships to secure a pipeline of new talent, higher and degree apprenticeships to support advanced engineering capability and bespoke training solutions to develop the expertise and skills of the existing workforce. We’re passionate about creating improved learning opportunities for the people of South Essex. Across each of our sites we work in partnership with universities, employers and other organisations to ensure we provide the very best learning and training opportunities for our students.
We wish to continue and grow, providing and creating more opportunities for young men and women alike, using the STEM strategy to teach; and working closely and developing relationships with companies to create the best possible careers for their futures.
Due to a period of growth we have an opportunity for a Sales Executive.
Job Purpose: The purpose of this role is to generate income for PROCAT, primarily from the sale of commercial courses and training solutions to employers.
The role will also help to secure new business from existing customers and attract new employers to train at the College to support the achievement of the commercial sales target.
The role will be externally facing, strengthening and building our relationships with employers to increase the volume of commercial sales achieved by the College. The post holder will also support the college through collating and reporting back industry intelligence about the demand for training from employers, to help develop and evolve its portfolio of commercial courses.
The post holder will need to achieve set sales targets on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis and work with colleagues at the College to encourage and support them in helping to reach said targets.
- To directly generate a proportion (to be set annually by the Head of Commercial CPD ahead of each academic year) of the annual target for commercial sales
- To work closely with Apprenticeship Advisers to ‘cross sell’ to existing and new customers, to maximise our engagement and business with employers
- To ensure the accuracy and timely completion of customer records on the CRM system
- To investigate, report back help develop new areas of growth for commercial courses
Quality measures and outputs:
- Personal and college wide commercial target is met or exceeded
- Retained or improved customer evaluation results
- Data is recorded and maintained in an accurate and timely manner
- Ideas as put forward for new courses and provision is developed to grow the college’s market share
How outputs will be achieved:
- Proactively calling and visiting employers to gain new business and carry out account management
- Carrying out a minimum of 4 visits a week to existing customers or new companies to support the delivery of the sales target (planning smart visits by location)
- Keeping CRM system up to date with all information regarding customers, leads and tasks
- Reporting into managers on progress and new areas for development with sufficient lead information
- Working with the marketing team to proactively market commercial courses to industry
- Converting incoming calls into confirmed sales and passing the lead to the administrator for processing in an effective and efficient manner
- Prioritising activities to reach financial targets
- Continually updating product knowledge to ensure credibility and excellent customer service
Safeguarding responsibilities (all staff)
- To take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people
- To be familiar and act in accordance with PROCAT’s safeguarding policies and procedures
- Ensure that PROCAT provides a safe, fair and respectful work and learning environment
Health and Safety responsibilities (all staff)
- Responsible for your own health and safety in the workplace and that of other staff, students and visitors to our sites
- Ensure you are familiar and compliant with Risk Assessments relevant to your department
- Challenge and report any dangerous behaviour to the Health and Safety Team
- Report any accidents or near misses ensuring relevant paperwork is completed in timely fashion and submitted to the Health and Safety Team
- Maintenance of your Personal Protection Equipment