PROCAT is a specialist college which has been established to meet the workforce development needs of businesses which operate in sectors which are critical to the UK economy. This includes advanced apprenticeships to secure a pipeline of new talent, higher and degree apprenticeships to support advanced engineering capability and bespoke training solutions to develop the expertise and skills of the existing workforce. We’re passionate about creating improved learning opportunities for the people of South Essex. Across each of our sites we work in partnership with universities, employers and other organisations to ensure we provide the very best learning and training opportunities for our students.
We wish to continue and grow, providing and creating more opportunities for young men and women alike, using the STEM strategy to teach; and working closely and developing relationships with companies to create the best possible careers for their futures.
Due to a period of growth we have an opportunity for a Catering Assistant.
Job Purpose: To provide a friendly catering service, performing a variety of manual tasks associated with food production and service in the location
- To assist in the preparation of food and snacks
- To keep the kitchen and restaurant areas in a clean and tidy state at all times
- To provide a friendly, efficient and hygienic service to all customers
Quality Measures / Outputs:
- Excellent customer service
- Team work
How outputs will be achieved:
- Customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
- To be customer focussed at all times, by being visible during service periods, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs
- To project a willing and helpful attitude to customers; to seek the appropriate knowledge of food items sold through our catering service and to keep areas and service counters clean and fully stocked
- To treat your team members as you would expect to be treated
- To co-operate with all team members and undertake duties in the kitchen/service areas as requested to ensure an efficient and effective service is delivered at all times
- To attend food safety, health and safety and environmental training courses as required.
- To rigorously following the kitchen cleaning schedule
- To act as a positive ambassador for PROCAT
- To attend to any reasonable request made by the client or PROCAT management
Safeguarding responsibilities (all staff)
- To take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people
- To be familiar and act in accordance with PROCAT’s safeguarding policies and procedures
- Ensure that PROCAT provides a safe, fair and respectful work and learning environment
Health and Safety responsibilities (all staff)
- Responsible for your own health and safety in the workplace and that of other staff, students and visitors to our sites
- Ensure you are familiar and compliant with Risk Assessments relevant to your department
- Challenge and report any dangerous behaviour to the Health and Safety Team
- Report any accidents or near misses ensuring relevant paperwork is completed in timely fashion and submitted to the Health and Safety Team
- Maintenance of your Personal Protection Equipment