Senior Academic Tutor (Business and Economics)
WHO WE ARE:
Study Group is a global leader in providing a transformational learning experience for international students, leaving them with academic success and rewarding careers. 2016 was a successful year with 70,000 students enrolling across 163 countries Above all, providing a fantastic learning experience to our students is at the heart of what we do, so if you are passionate, dedicated, and interested in embarking in a truly fulfilling position, then you’ve come to the right place.
Our Sheffield Study Centre is based in the heart of a friendly and very pleasant city, with picturesque surroundings and a fantastic energy within the team. This is one of our largest Centres which already has a fantastic reputation within the area and an extremely good success rate.
This is a senior teaching role that includes academic management support to the respective Subject Leader by contributing to the appointment, probationary review and on-going appraisal of sessional staff.
- Provide academic coordination for designated module(s) in the role of Module Coordinator
- Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff contributing to the effective overall management of the programme and student life cycle
- Contribute to the appointment, probationary review and on-going appraisal of sessional tutors including teaching observation within a specific subject area
- Ensure that the induction, mentoring and appraisal of sessional staff is aligned with Study Group academic policies and procedures.
Student learning experience
- Contribute to the design, delivery and development of modules offered by the college
- Prepare module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, marking and providing feedback to students
- Develop and update course material for related modules, including module material on the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Providing academic guidance and support to a designated group of students through the tutorial system
- Work with the college’s Student & Academic Services team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the College virtual learning environment (VLE)
- Contribute to the delivery and assessment of provision, with a normal teaching load of 10-12 hours per week, and provide tutorial support to a specified number of students through the academic year.
Please see the job description for full details of the role.
To apply for the role, please complete the application form and click 'Apply' to forward it to us.