Finance Team Leader – Purchase Ledger
Aims of Job/Job Purpose
Assist with the effective management of the merged College Purchase Ledger centralised system in order to ensure compliance with College policies and procedures.
To be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the Colleges Purchase Ledger section within the Finance Department.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- To supervise the day-to-day functions of the Purchase Ledger section.
- Ensure payments are authorised in accordance with the financial regulations .
- To deputise in the absence of the Senior Finance Officer/Purchase Ledger Controller.
- Responsible for producing the Purchase Ledger Bacs payments on a monthly & adhoc basis.
- Responsible for ensuring all invoices are scanned onto the finance system.
- Ensure outstanding invoices are processed prior to month end close down dates.
- Monitor all contract orders against budgets.
- Liaise with budget holders and procurement officer to seek approval for new supplier accounts.
- Responsible for monitoring/approving new supplier accounts on E - bis finance system.
- Resolve disputes with suppliers promptly, including keeping the budget holder informed where necessary.
- Follow up disputed invoices with budget holders and suppliers and ensure disputes are resolved in the best interest of the organisation.
- To generate month end and year end reports in accordance with financial regulations and procedures.
- Assist with the preparation of year - end accruals and prepayment schedules
- Ensure all supplier statements are reconciled to the finance system.
- Assist with the day to day management of the stationery system
- Responsible for developing and the implementation of Purchase Ledger Training
- Issue and monitor all petty cash expenditure, including checking budgets for available funds ensuring correct authorisation is obtained.
- Ensure all Canteen income is checked and reconciled to till reports.
- Provide encouragement, support and guidance to staff in order to continue to raise the quality of service in the department .
- Required to work flexibly and support other areas within the finance team as and when req uired.
- To provide cover to the cashier’s office on a rota basis (day/evening cover) and assist with the enrolment process.