Apprenticeship Compliance Manager
Location: London with some UK travel
Days Worked: Monday to Friday full-time
Reports to: Associate Dean of Academic Affairs (Partnerships)
BPP is the leading University dedicated to business and the professions. With a global footprint of academic partnerships and a domestic footprint of directly delivering apprenticeships to over 30 employer partners, BPP University is now seeking a dedicated professional to support apprenticeship compliance. As Ofsted Compliance Manager, you will support Academic Affairs and the Associate Dean (Partnerships) in ensuring that BPP Education Group, and its sub-contractors, deliver training in accordance with Ofsted expectations to ensure at least a ‘good’ grade and to aim for ‘outstanding’. In addition, you will assist in ensuring compliance with SFA funding rules in England and Scotland.
Principal Job Elements and Responsibilities:
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Be an internal expert in relation to Ofsted expectations and institutional performance indicators to achieve an ‘outstanding’ grade;
- Be the first point of contact within Academic Affairs to internal and external stakeholders in relation to sub-contracted apprenticeship provision and Ofsted;
- To ensure compliance by BPP Education Group, BPP University and sub-contractors with SFA funding rules and Ofsted requirements;
- To influence continual institutional enhancement towards an ‘outstanding’ Ofsted grade;
- To assist the Associate Dean with due diligence and monitoring activity of both BPP apprenticeships and sub-contractors;
- To provide regular staff training on Ofsted requirements;
- To assist the Associate Dean in preparations for Ofsted visits;
- To prepare annual returns and monitoring information, as required, by Ofsted;
- To undertake regular internal audits to ensure ongoing Ofsted preparedness;
- Be cognisant of SFA funding rules and assist in ensuring compliance with SFA funding rules in England and Scotland;
- Undertake any other such duties as may reasonably be required.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications Required
- Ideally educated to degree-level, however applications from candidates with appropriate and relevant work experience or other equivalent qualifications will also be considered.
- Experience of working in a compliance role;
- Specific knowledge and experience of Ofsted compliance in England;
- Able to produce credible reports for senior management to enable them to make decisions;
- Experience of preparing for Ofsted monitoring visits and the preparation of reporting documents to the same;
- Ability to prioritise your own work and act on your own initiative, but knowing when to ask for help;
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to listen and find areas of good practice and areas for improvement;
- Ability to work well as part of a team and to influence others;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong skills in organisation and coordination; and
- High ethical standards.
- Please note that this role will require travel nationally, as required
- Knowledge and experience of SFA compliance in England and/or Scotland;
- Experience of undertaking due diligence and monitoring activity; and
- Experience of delivering staff training.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check