Lecturer in Motor Cycle (HMP Featherstone)
We are seeking a confident and self-motivated Motor Cycle Lecturer to deliver training within our Custodial Services provision.
The role includes a variety of tasks to be undertaken daily, including delivery of IMI Motor Cycle programme Level 1 and 2, preparation of workshop areas and resources to support students in their learning. The successful applicant must be able to work on their own initiative to ensure tools and materials are ready for the practical and theory sessions. Working alongside colleagues you will help to build and develop the practical and technical skills of our students.
You will need:
- To have qualifications and experience relevant to the Motor Cycle industry.
- To have experience of teaching and supporting young people.
- To have a calm and flexible approach to deal with challenging behaviour.
- The ability to motivate our learners who may be become disaffected to achieve qualifications and fulfill their potential.
- Good attention to details is essential for the completion of paperwork and students folder.
Closing date – 17 August 2017
A teaching qualification would be an advantage or a commitment to undertake this within the first year of employment is essential.
All successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure and barring service check and children and adults barred list checks where the applicant will be employed in a regulated activity.
Dudley College is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds, including disabled, and black and ethnic minority applicants.