Catering Assistant - Vocational Technician (HMP Garth)
Looking for a career where you can change lives?
For more than two decades, Novus has been delivering education, training and employment opportunities to adults and young people in UK prisons.
Over the years we have built a reputation as an innovator in the fight to reduce re-offending rates by transforming people's lives through learning and skills.
We have a great opportunity at HMP Garth to join the education team as our Catering Assistant - VT on permanent, full time (37hrs per week) basis.
The purpose of the role is to support the teaching and learning objectives of planned curriculum programmes by providing technical support to the Chef to support the learners within the working canteen.
You will help prepare food under the guidance of the Chef and offer support and advice to the learners with all areas of food preparation. This is a rewarding role and in order to do this successfully you'll need to:
- Work with the trainer to support the delivery of an engaging vocational course to ensure successful learner outcomes
- Have knowledge of current health and safety legislation
- Hold relevant qualifications or equivalent professional experience
- Have the ability to source and monitor the use of material costs effectively
- Have the ability to provide first-line maintenance support of all technical equipment and resources
In return you will benefit from an excellent package including - a favourable Pension scheme, Retail Discounts, Childcare Vouchers, Employee Assistance Program, Cycle to work scheme, Simply Health scheme and technology scheme.
Sociable Hours - 5pm finish at the latest, working alternative weekends.
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the key responsibilities, key result areas and Qualifications/Skills and Experience detailed within the role profile.
Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. All roles are subject to job evaluation.