Student Admissions Officer (Teacher Education)
Job Summary: To be responsible for the delivery of an effective and efficient admissions service, supporting a team of academic staff in the recruitment, interview and selection process for the suite of PGCE Secondary Courses, including subject knowledge enhancement.
The post holder will be expected to work closely with all secondary staff and to contribute as necessary to all aspects of the School’s work as directed by the programme leader and head of school.
To liaise with and advise academic staff (principally head of School, course leader and members of the secondary team) of the relevant policies and practices related to student admissions. To liaise with and advise Registrar Services of recruitment decisions .To maintain accurate data in relation to admissions data and the quality of the recruitment decisions and be able to provide this to relevant staff when required.
- Responsible for all aspects of the School’s recruitment to a range of courses.
- Responsible for providing advice to potential students, colleagues and academic staff on all aspects of admissions and enrolment to the courses.
- Ensuring that all information in relation to Admissions and Open Days is updated regularly on the department website;
- Undertake marketing events such as UCAS fairs, College Open Days and other specific teacher education events in order to promote the provision.
- Checking applications for completeness where and if necessary and taking whatever action is necessary as a result, e.g. checking qualifications, matching up transcripts and certificates, highlighting missing information, checking English Language level and then requesting missing information from the applicant
- Checking information on application forms against entry requirements, and other non-academic criteria, annotating forms and advising academic staff or others accordingly.
- Advising and negotiating with the academic team on the structure/format of Open Days and information sessions for prospective students
- Sending invitations and tailored personal letters to applicants and devising communication methods to prospective students at relevant points in the admissions cycle to aid conversion rate
- Coordinate effective and efficient interview sessions including booking rooms for and ensuring these rooms are adequately presented and equipped, creating attendance lists and interview timetables
- Carry out interviews as required and coordinate the interview process with Registrar Services, other support staff and the academic team
- Evaluating the information sessions and interviews, discussing with the teams and devising new approaches where necessary
- Process recruitment decisions for a range of courses based on paper applications and/or the feedback from face to face interviews
- Help to maintain the development and maintenance of the records of the recruitment and selection process specifically in relation to the achievement of recruitment targets
- Responsible for preparing data on the quality of the recruitment and selection process as required.
- Additional duties not mentioned above or in the portfolio of duties to be negotiated with the Programme Managers.
The post holder will be required to:
- Undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check for this post
- Commit to the College child protection policy and promote a safe environment for children and young people learning within the College. Be alert to any indication or allegation of abuse and take appropriate action under the College procedures for the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
- Promote equality of opportunity and diversity in all aspects of the job and to challenge inequality and discrimination