Lecturer Faculty of Business, Law and Services Management High Level Skills (HE)
Job Summary: To teach and assist in the development of courses (to include High Level and Degree apprenticeships) which fall within the Higher Education provision of the College, with a focus on leadership and management.
- To teach on courses specified by the Head of School, Head of Faculty and Higher Level Skills Leader
- To undertake those course leadership roles specified by the Head of School and Higher Level Skills Leader
- To engage with the research and scholarly activity of the college
- To participate actively in the development of curriculum; and where appropriate in cross College marketing activities.
- To participate actively in the enrolment, induction, monitoring, profiling and initial assessment of students or trainees.
- To devise individual learning plans and provide support for learners in line with the requirements of the course.
- To be responsible to the Head of School for student discipline, counselling and guidance relating to all assigned classes.
- To be responsible for the supervision and management of students on placements and offsite visits and activities where appropriate.
- To act as academic and pastoral tutor to assigned students.
- To implement and promote College regulations, policies and procedures.
- To participate in relevant Course Committee activities.
- To participate actively in the maintenance and promotion of close links with employers and training agencies.
- To participate in College Open Days; career events and promotional events both on and off College premises.
- To provide appropriate information to parents/employers through College reporting systems and open evenings.
- To assist the Head of School with costings and control of materials and equipment when specified.
- To participate in the development of workshops, laboratories and facilities, where appropriate.
- To undertake additional duties that may be required commensurate with the level of responsibility of the post.
- To undertake research and/or scholarly activity.
The post holder will be required to:
- Undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check for this post.
- Commit to the College child protection policy and promote a safe environment for children and young people learning within the College. Be alert to any indication or allegation of abuse and take appropriate action under the College procedures for the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
- Promote equality of opportunity and diversity in all aspects of the job and to challenge inequality and discrimination.
- Support the College management in all health and safety matters and take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work