Assessor/Trainer - Faculty of Business, Law and Services Management High Level Skills (HE)
Job Summary: To carry out assessor/trainer duties on employer’s premises (work based) and/or in College (in a classroom setting) in compliance with industry requirements and awarding body standards. Training and assessment may be part of an apprenticeship framework. To develop new business and maintain the case load numbers of candidates as agreed with line manager. To cross market Bradford College products/provision to employers/employees in relation to work place learning and full cost recovery.
- Participate in Course Committees and make decisions in relation to the efficiency and effectiveness of the designated training programmes.
- Induct and support learners in achieving their qualifications in line with awarding body assessment practices within agreed timescales ensuring timely completion.
- Undertake accurate assessment, provide constructive and comprehensive feedback and correct any grammatical/spelling errors.
- Participation in standardisation meetings.
- Co-ordinate and maintain assessment/training records as designated by the line manager.
- Ensure recommendations of internal verifiers are implemented promptly.
- Conduct internal verification.
- Assist in the development of learning materials
- Aim to achieve outstanding success rates
- Comply with all College quality systems and awarding body procedures necessary to ensure accurate, complete and robust data.
- Maintain and submit, to the line manager, a weekly visit planner.
- To undertake additional duties that may be required commensurate with the level of responsibility of the post.
The post holder will be required to:
- Undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check for this post.
- Commit to the College child protection policy and promote a safe environment for children and young people learning within the College. Be alert to any indication or allegation of abuse and take appropriate action under the College procedures for the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
- Promote equality of opportunity and diversity in all aspects of the job and to challenge inequality and discrimination.
- Support the College management in all health and safety matters and take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.