Tutor - Drama
Great holiday allowance, excellent benefits package, 1000's of retail discounts and fantastic pension scheme options.
A forward looking social business, helping people turn their lives around
HMYOI Cookham Wood, Rochester, is a custodial establishment for Young People, aged between the ages of 15 and 18.
There are currently around 170 young people in the YOI with an operational capacity of 186.
All young people work towards English and Maths qualifications, as well as ICT, PSD, and vocational pathways which include construction, creative arts, healthy living, customer service, catering and horticulture.
We also offer an Advice and Guidance service which helps our young people with post release opportunities.
We are laying the foundations for change with new and innovative approaches:
- Leading the way as a not for profit social enterprise.
- In joining our team, you`ll become part of the unique LTE group, shaping the development of education delivery.
- We take great pride in raising the aspirations of learners to increase employability and reduce re-offending.
Novus is a not for profit social enterprise and market leader in offender education, training and employability services across the UK. Our mission is to improve lives and economic success through learning and skills.
We have a great opportunity at Cookham Wood to join the education team as a Tutor in Drama, permanent - full time (37hrs per week) basis. The purpose of this role is to teach, develop and deliver high quality learner focussed education. This is a challenging but rewarding role and we need someone who is flexible and resilient, with the ability to encourage, engage and motivate, to help give children and young people a brighter future.
This is an exceptionally rewarding role, do this successfully you'll need to:
- Have a teaching qualification or subject specialism qualification at Level 4 (Level 5 new standards) with a commitment to obtain the relevant outstanding Level 4 (Level 5 new standards) qualification within a specified time scale
- Have a track record of effective teaching and delivering in a subject specialism
- Hold at least a Level 2 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy or be willing to commit to gaining the qualification(s) within 1 year
Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes.
Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience. All salaries are subject to job evaluation.