Health and Safety Officer (Fixed term to cover long term sickness)
Competitive Salary plus benefits
The post holder will coordinate work systems to ensure that the working conditions of the College are compliant.
The role will involve working closely with our Building Surveyor to help deliver and achieve ISO 14001, along with assisting and advising on completing Risk assessments and carrying out fire practise at all sites, at least once a term. Please see job description for full details.
Single accommodation in an on-site shared house may be available.
Candidates should have the following relevant skills and experience:
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- Environmental knowledge
- DSE Advance Assessor
- Health and Safety Officer experience
- Driving Licence (Desirable due to role being across two campuses)
This post will be based across both our campuses, in Andover and Winchester.
Closing Date: 21 August 2017
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme) in accordance with scheme rules
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
• Child Care Vouchers
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider