Sessional English Language Tutor, RHISC
Royal Holloway International Study Centre, Egham
The International Study Centre at Royal Holloway, University of London offers English Language Preparation and Foundation courses to international students and prepares students for entry onto their chosen courses at the University.
The successful applicant will be responsible for teaching EAP to a variety of international students in Foundation courses and English Language Preparation courses.
Applicants should hold a relevant teaching qualification with experience of teaching in an international classroom.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Between 12-16 contact hours
- Work with Study Group material to deliver approved modules.
- Work with the teaching team to develop and refine materials and lessons depending on the needs of students.
- Liaise with Head of English and Head of Centre as well as the wider stakeholders.
- Assess students and provide both formative and summative evaluations, providing results in a timely manner.
- Monitor and assess students’ behaviour and progression, giving feedback at scheduled times.
- Develop and update course material for modules and teaching sessions, including module material for the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Carry out recording and administrative tasks such as attendance, grades and activity logs.
- Support international students with their studies through tutorials and tailored 1-2-1’s as and when required
- Partake in weekly staff meeting as well as general in-centre training and development sessions.
- Provide teaching cover in case of absences
- Work positively and constructively with all staff members/stakeholders
- Engage in the social curriculum when appropriate – events and trips.
- Act as a positive ambassador for RHISC, Study Group and its partners.
- A Bachelor degree in a relevant subject.
- Teaching qualification: DELTA or M.A. in education OR CELTA along with appropriate experience in EAP.
- Good organisational and IT skills
- PGCE teaching qualification
- Experience of teaching in UK higher or further education and experience of working with international students
- Experience in IELTS
- Experience in operating Moodle/On-line educational tools
Start Date September 2017
Closing Date Friday 18 August 2017
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and as such all staff will be expected to undergo appropriate pre-employment checks within these guidelines. All successful applicants will undergo child protection screening including an enhanced DBS and Barred List check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To apply for this role, please complete and forward the attached application form by clicking the 'Apply' button.