Maths & Science Tutor
Job Purpose: The role of Tutor provides academic teaching, learning and assessment to learners to enable them to successfully complete their programme of study. This includes classroom sessions, practical training and on-the-job assessment. Delivery will be at Level 3+
- To deliver high quality teaching and learning by providing students with a planned learning experience, managing the learning process, guiding and supporting learners.
- Acting as personal tutor to a group of students and provide pastoral care.
- To provide assignment and assessment material appropriate to each specific programme.
- To evaluate and assess the work of students in relation to the curriculum criteria.
- To produce schemes of work and lesson plans in accordance with current best practice.
- To set and assess work and provide opportunities for student feedback.
- To keep accurate and effective systems of administration which support the student and college needs.
- Reflect critically on teaching practice, materials and strategies used and how performance can be improved.
- Maintain details of attendance, punctuality and absence and ensure these are accurately recorded in up to date registers.
- Ensure student information is correctly established including learning aims, achievement and changes to learner information including withdrawal, transfer and programme completion.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining the definitive course files linked to programmes and courses they are leading.
- Take part in marketing activities and attend events which may involve some evenings or visiting schools, employers and other organisations.
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply' to apply online.