Specialist Skills Instructor/Assessor (Plumbing)
Job Purpose: To work with an allocated caseload of students/apprentices and employers to effectively plan and carry out appropriate assessment, coaching and training activities both in the workplace and simulated environments.
- To plan, prepare and deliver assessments of competence which meet the Ofsted criteria for ‘Good’ or better including the development of relevant resources
- To ensure accurate assessment and progressive feedback of learners’ work against criteria
- To work with employers, developing a training needs analysis which translates into further programmes
- Mapping of relevant awarding body assessment criteria to the employees workplace activity in conjunction with the employer and other relevant stakeholders
- Support the implementation of IAG, employer engagement and student progression
- To ensure the student’s work place environment is safe and secure with adherence to relevant health and safety risk assessments
- Create, maintain and analyse accurate data in relation to learners.
- Produce effective, accurate and current records to ensure that all parties are clear where each student is at any given time and how to progress further
- To respond to and support students’ additional needs with referral on to appropriate parties
For full details please see job description. To apply for this role, please click 'Apply' to apply online.