To support Curriculum Managers and Course Leaders to achieve high success rates and the development of employability and enterprise skills in all students in order that they are well prepared for the transition to the world of work.
To support the development of Aylesbury College students as:
- Resilient and reliable
- Adaptable and able to problem solve
- Creative and innovative
- Motivated and works independently
- Collaborative and a team player
- An excellent communicator
- English, maths and digitally literate
- Support students in the development of their learning, employability and enterprise skills
- Take responsibility for recording and tracking student performance including punctuality, attendance and completion of work.
- Deliver group and 1 to 1 sessions that support career planning and the development of the skills, attitude and behaviours required by employers.
- Liaise regularly with Course Leaders to ensure all students are fully engaged and supported to succeed in all aspects of their Study Programme.
- Support individual students in establishing and achieving their progression aims
- Liaise with employers and support students to secure work experience and/or employment
- Coach and facilitate the development of a growth mind-set and the expert learner through 1 to 1 session with students.
- Implement strategies and support students in self-esteem and confidence building activities including working on developing a growth mind-set model that enables the realisation of ambitious goals
- Draw up agreed action plans and negotiate targets with students, reviewing and adjusting regularly, ensuring students are aware of target value added grades in their vocational subject
- Ensure that all information is communicated clearly to students, course leaders, vocational teams, curriculum managers, employers and parents/carers
- Network with other mentors and staff and refer students to appropriate professionals both within and outside college
- Assess the needs of students referred, either from referring agencies, self-referral or via tutors, and assist in identifying the nature of support required
- Assist in the arrangement of appropriate support for students identified as at risk of not achieving, which may be a member of staff or specialist equipment/services
- Support students with the UCAS process
- Create an environment that enhances the student experience and supports the development of the college community
- Help to arrange and book activities, visits, trips; organise and run activities such as sports, enrichment, volunteering and enterprise
- Support students with the development of study skills
- Prepare and deliver a wide variety of engagement
- Prepare reports that will feed into data analysis identifying destination outcomes for students
- Treat all data and personal information in the strictest confidence
For full details and to apply for this role, please click 'Apply'.