Lecturer - ESOL 19+ (ESF and Maths)
Up to 12 hours per week
Permanent variable hours
We are looking for a PVH Lecturer to deliver ESOL within the ESOL 19+ Curriculum Area. The applicant will be expected to assess learning outcomes, monitor, evaluate and improve the quality and effectiveness of own practice and of the learning programmes. The applicant will be able to inspire and motivate students at all levels and be a proven team player. The applicant will be expected to take on proportional responsibility for open evenings, open days and other events that run in the college.
All applicants must have:
- Experience of teaching ESOL across a range of levels from Pre-Entry to Level 2.
- A CELTA or equivalent and a teaching qualification at Level 5 with subject specialism in ESOL or Adult Literacy/Numeracy.
- The ability to plan, track and monitor the learning of whole groups and individual students.
- The ability to inspire and motivate students at all levels.
- The capacity to be a team player with excellent communication skills.
- The flexibility to teach both day and evening classes.
Experience of teaching maths to ESOL Learners would be an advantage.
It is essential that all applicants meet the minimum qualification requirement of Maths and English (GCSE grade A*- C or level 2 equivalent).
Redbridge College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students and visitors, and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applications will be subject to full vetting procedures including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from diverse backgrounds and abilities. We want our employees to be happy at work and we offer generous annual leave, a final salary pension scheme, flexible working (where appropriate), contractual maternity leave, eye tests reimbursement, paternity leave and a confidential counselling service.
Closing Date: 1st September 2017
Interview Date: Wc 11th September 2017