Tutor - Childhood Studies
3 days left
- Part Time
Tutor - Childhood Studies, Permanent - Part Time (14.8 hours per week)
- Join our innovative and growing Sport, Public Service & Care Professionals team and be part of our amazing journey
- By becoming our new Tutor in Childhood Studies help us reach our College 2020 strategic plan to grow and develop our provision.
- We have a common set of values across everything we do, helping define who we are and how we behave
- Improve lives and economic success through learning and skills
The Manchester College is based at many sites across the city, each with its own specialist cutting edge facilities within a friendly and supportive environment. We are the largest FE college in the UK providing education and training to a wide range of learners. As a Tutor in Childhood Studies, you will provide supervision of your curriculum area ensuring that you meet budget, quality and operational targets. You will deliver high quality, learner focused education providing a secure and friendly environment in order for students to succeed.
In order to do this, you will need:
- A teaching / assessing (as appropriate) qualification and subject specialist qualification at Level 4 (Level 5 - new standards) with a commitment to obtain the relevant outstanding Level 4 (Level 5 - new standards) qualification within a specified time scale.
- English & Maths - must be qualified to a minimum of Level 2
- A track record of effective teaching in delivering in subject specialism
- The ability to plan, lead and develop the curriculum area within the establishment to ensure compliance with the national curriculum framework, the integration of functional skills, best practice and quality targets.
The Manchester College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We have also recently been awarded the Investors in Diversity award.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes.
Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience. All salaries are subject to job evaluation