Instructor/Technician - Arboriculture and Forestry
£18,873 - £23,169 (dependent upon qualifications)
This is an exciting opportunity to work with our team in the training of arboriculture and forestry students. We have a strong dedication to industry and aim to produce students that are fit for purpose. We have extensive industrial worksites and are well resourced. Responsible for equipment checks, maintenance and service/repair of a range of equipment including chippers, stump grinders, chainsaws, brush cutters and tractors. The role also includes monitoring equipment and managing stores the ordering of spares and inventory. The delivery of practical training to various levels of courses also being an element of the role makes this a diverse and interesting role within the Arboriculture and Forestry Section.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of a Level 3 qualification in a relevant subject, strong practical skills and previous experience in Arboriculture and Forestry, together with experience of equipment maintenance and repair and excellent communication skills. A flexible approach and a passion for training is paramount, NPTC certificates in Climbing and aerial rescue, use of chainsaw in the canopy and felling up to medium trees is also required. This role requires a mature outlook and organised working method.
This role is to be based at the Sparsholt campus.
Closing date: 16 August 2017
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 22/23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
• Child Care Vouchers
• Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Gym classes at the Sparsholt campus
• You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider