Instructor - Agriculture
37 hours per week
£21,195 - £25,321 (dependent upon qualifications and including a market supplement)
We are seeking a full time instructor keen who can instruct learners on the use of farm machinery particularly tractor driving, estate skills (e.g. fencing) and machinery maintenance, and depending upon the applicant’s experience livestock practical’s and the delivery of short courses.
The successful candidate will have extensive practical experience and knowledge gained from working within the Agricultural industry and be willing to attain a recognised teaching qualification if not already held, being a Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training. The College will support the successful candidate to attain their teaching qualification/s through the College’s internal teaching training provision and the College will provide ongoing professional development.
This post is based at the Sparsholt campus.
Closing Date: 24 July 2017
Interview Date: 03 August 2017
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
• Child Care Vouchers
• Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement.
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Free gym classes at the Sparsholt campus
• You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider