Lecturer - Fishery Studies
£20,950 - £32,241 pro rata (dependent upon qualifications)
Sparsholt College has a national reputation and a long proud history of training future fishery managers and fish farmers, many of whom are now in key jobs across the whole of the UK. We are now seeking a new member of staff to join the Fishery Studies team.
Applicants will have a sound knowledge in fishery management subjects, ideally supported by practical experience gained in industry. The successful candidate will deliver on both theory and practical sessions to predominantly Further Education students.
Candidates for this role should have substantial experience of fishery management including extensive working knowledge of river and freshwater habitats. Ideally you will hold a Level 3 qualification in a relevant subject. You will also need to be self-motivated and have the aptitude to work with young people and help to educate the next generation. A full driving license is essential A full driving license is essential as the successful candidate will regularly be taking candidates off-site for fieldwork.
Closing Date: 26 July 2017
Interview Date: 03 August 2017
• Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death benefit grant of 3 X salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on- site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 42 days plus bank holidays
• Child Care Vouchers
• Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per year)
• Free gym classes
• You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider