2 days left
- Full Time
Great holiday allowance, excellent benefits package, 1000s of retail discounts and fantastic pension options.
We are looking for a Chef to join the largest Further Education College in the UK.
- Undertake the storage, preparation and cooking of all food items served within kitchen units, or as may be required externally, following brand standard recipes.
- Use kitchen equipment in a safe manner and maintain college tools & equipment
- Train team members for the delivery of food provision.
- Control costing and menu planning.
- Assist in food ordering and receipt off goods ensuring correct storage in line with departmental guidelines.
The Manchester College is based at many sites across the city, each with its own specialist cutting edge facilities within a friendly and supportive environment. We are the largest FE college in the UK providing education and training to a wide range of learners. We are currently recruiting for a Chef to support in producing fresh food to the highest standards of preparation, from a range of menu options within hospitality food provision.
In order to do this, you will need:
- Working knowledge of varied and large scale catering operations
- Experience of fresh food preparation, menus from a range of different nationalities
- A track record of achievement of targets.
- Experience of menu costing and planning.
- Level 2 English and Maths
- Possession of NVQ level 2 or relevant qualification
The Manchester College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We have also recently been awarded the Investors in Diversity award.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes.
Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience. All salaries are subject to job evaluation.