Great holiday allowance, excellent benefits package, 1000s of retail discounts and fantastic pension options.
Share your knowledge and allow our students to follow their dreams. Be part of our team as a Transition Officer.
The Manchester College is based at many sites across the city, each with its own specialist cutting edge facilities within a friendly and supportive environment. We are the largest FE college in the UK providing education and training to a wide range of learners.
The role of a Transition Officer will require you to build strong networks and working relationships with a wide range of schools, colleges and external agencies across the Greater Manchester district to facilitate the effective transition of students.
- Liaise with external and internal stakeholders to assess and analyse the performance of young people with a SEND in order to plan and implement appropriate and aspirational progression routes from school or college into The Manchester College.
- Work with external agencies to input into Education, Health & Care plans, focusing on progression towards independence, improved social skills, employability and their next steps in education.
- Develop and implement a personalised transition package for potential learners with a SEND progressing from school or college into The Manchester College.
- Proactively participate and deliver in staff induction, professional development programmes or initiatives, skill sharing, peer shadowing and support, divisional meetings and learning sets.
In order to do this, you will need:
- Recent teaching or supporting learners with a SEND and application of person centred approaches to support and teaching.
- Experience of developing and working with Education, Health and Care plans and contributing in Person Centred Reviews.
- Experience of working with multi-agencies to plan and provide effective support to learners with SEND Creating bespoke packages to support people with SEND
- GCSE English and Math (Grade A -C) or equivalent
- Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning or equivalent or a teaching qualification
The Manchester College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We have also recently been awarded the Investors in Diversity award.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes.
Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience. All salaries are subject to job evaluation.