Head of Curriculum and Progression
Role: Head of Curriculum and Progression
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: Circa £40,000 per annum
Study Group is a global leader in providing a transformational learning experience for international students, leaving them with academic success and rewarding careers. 2016 was a successful year with 70,000 students enrolling across 163 countries. Above all, providing a fantastic learning experience to our students is at the heart of what we do, so if you are passionate, dedicated, and interested in embarking in a truly fulfilling position, then you’ve come to the right place.
The Head of Curriculum and Progression (HoCP) will provide the leadership and vision to deliver excellent student outcomes, quality assurance and enhancement, and curriculum innovation that embeds outstanding collaborative working with both the University and the network.
You will be responsible for leading and supporting a large team of academic staff. Reporting to the Head of Centre, you will work closely with senior colleagues within and outside the Centre and be accountable for the delivery of contractually required progression rates to the University. Critically the successful candidate will need to carefully balance the requirements of the Centre alongside the need for compliance, consistency and collaboration with the University and Study Group as a whole.
This person will have leadership of, accountability for and direct line management responsibility for a team of Heads of Subject. Consequently the successful candidate will demonstrate recent successful line management experience in an academic/educational context in a relevant subject discipline and have a proven ability to engage with an HEI in collaborative developments.
- Experience of providing leadership in a complex multi-disciplinary environment, with evidence of significant success
- Experience of providing feedback to another person about their performance, which achieved a positive improvement
- Experience of HR duties, such as delivering training and taking part in the recruitment process
- Ability to delegate activities, set deadlines and take responsibility for overseeing their successful completion to meet challenging deadlines
- Experience of planning and delivering change or continuous improvement, which achieved a positive impact on student outcomes
- Experience of successfully motivating and leading teachers to embed successful practice through a process of change
- Experience of successfully leading on internal communication, which includes disseminating complex messages or changes to operations
- A sound understanding of UK Higher Education and experience of managing support activity and staff in an international and/or UK further and/or Higher Education context
- Knowledge of the needs of international students and experience of working with international students.
- Strong leadership, project management and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate issues to a wide audience
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines
- Enthusiasm and be a performance-driven team player and leader
- Excellent interpersonal skills and outstanding relationship management skills
- A working knowledge of international admissions activity in UK Higher Education
- A high level of emotional intelligence including: patience and perseverance, good listening skills and empathy, and an ability to stay calm and manage challenging situations firmly and fairly
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, including a pleasant and professional manner
- Strong team-working skills and experience of team development
- A Bachelor’s degree and a postgraduate qualification
- Further management or leadership qualifications would be advantageous.(or a willingness to undertake such)
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.