Are you as committed, driven and enthusiastic as we are to ensure an outstanding experience for the learners we serve? West London's College is a large student and employer focused organisation, renowned for innovation, creativity and high standards. As Quality Officer you will work closely with our Curriculum teams along with the Quality Manager to deliver and embed continuous improvements in overall performance and quality. If you can rise to this challenge we would love to hear from you...
The successful candidate will be joining one of London's best performing and student centred Colleges. Working closely with stakeholders of the college and curriculum areas you will provide high quality data collection, analysis and reporting to improve business efficiency and productivity. You will embed a "get it right first time" ethos in everything you do.
As Quality officer you will research, monitor, sample and maintain verification procedures in compliance with the agreed frameworks (awarding bodies), best practise and audit requirements and ensure processes are available for monitoring and sampling purposes. Ensuring the quality, performance and professional development of curriculum areas are able to respond to all elements of the learner journey and are fully supported with timely and accurate data and that reporting systems capture key performance elements and milestones
The post holder will join the relatively new Quality team of5 members and will report to the Quality Manager.
The successful candidate will have experience of producing, interpreting, analysing and working with statistics and the ability to articulate their impact in an accessible and concise manner. Previous experience in the FE sector is desirable but not essential. You will be able to filter, clean data, review reports and performance indicators to ensure the expected efficiency and timelines are met.
With project management experience and good organisational skills you will have the ability to work collaboratively with education professionals across the College to deliver a quality service.
In addition to this you will:
- Be able to work in collaboration with colleagues and a variety of end users to ensure technical and business compatibility and user satisfaction/outcomes
- Be able to check and maintain quality control standards
- Be able to coordinate the end to end administration of the CPD process including collating, processing, monitoring and analysing such data
- Have experience of using computerised systems including databases, in particular, Word (processing), Excel (spreadsheets), Access (data inputting/retrieval) and PowerPoint (presentations)
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Experience of working with ProObserve and ProSolution - desirable.
- Qualified to a level appropriate to the role.
- Your commitment to the values of our College - Excellence,Ambition, Focus,Accountability, Inclusion and Integrity - will be evident ineverything you do.