Technician for Hair and Beauty Therapy
Be part of The Manchester College, a unique organisation focused on careers and creating greater opportunities.
Join our team today to cover a maternity leave as our new Technician in our Hair and Beauty department.
- To carry out agreed technician duties in the relevant teaching areas across sites.
- To adhere to safe working practices at all times and to assist with health and safety advice and support including the delivery of safety inductions on equipment and good studio/workshop practice.
- To ensure the purchase of cost effective materials from suppliers working within stated budgets
- To manage, audit and maintain all stock and technical resources/equipment needed in the support of curriculum areas ensuring staff and students are able to utilise equipment as and when required.
The Manchester College is based at many sites across the city, each with its own specialist cutting edge facilities within a friendly and supportive environment. We are the largest FE College in the UK providing education and training to a wide range of learners.
In this role you will work with the Programme Team Leader, Senior Technical Supervisor, Curriculum Teaching Staff, and other Technical support staff, as a member of a cross site team providing a technical support service to curriculum staff, students and clients within the Hair Beauty & Make-up department, including a number of salons & classrooms.
In order to do this, you will need:
- Qualified to level 3 in hair, beauty or both
- Experience of handling monies
- To show effective and efficient time management skills and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures, particularly the application of moving and handling techniques, COSHH /Risk assessment
- Good communication skills
- Good understanding of Microsoft office programmes
The Manchester College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We have also recently been awarded the Investors in Diversity award.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes.
Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience. All salaries are subject to job evaluation.