Special Education Needs and Disability Support Practitioner
Join us in our Journey to Amazing and become a Special Education Needs and Disability Support Practitioner on a fractional permanent basis.
- Provide quality support to learners within a Primary and Secondary specialist area within the four broad areas of need (Communication and Interaction, Cognition and Learning, Social, Emotional and Mental Health, Sensory and Physical Needs)
- Reinforcement of strategies, techniques and coping mechanisms for successful learning through in-class working and key working
- To work closely with learners to understand their specific needs and build their independence, including through the use of assistive technology, whilst upholding their dignity and safety
- Work with college staff to impart specialist guidance regarding individual learner specific needs
The Manchester College is based at many sites across the city, each with its own specialist high quality facilities within a friendly and supportive environment.
We are the largest FE College in the UK providing education and training to a wide range of learners. The aim of this role is to provide quality innovative, holistic support for learners with a Special Educational Need and/or Disability (SEN/D) which promotes independence, achievement and progression
In order to do this, you will need:
- Minimum Level 2 Learning Support qualification, or willingness to achieve within an agreed period OR
- Minimum of a Level 2 Specialist Support qualification in two specialist support areas. (or willingness to achieve within an agreed period)
- Minimum of a Level 2 qualification in English and Maths
- Experience of supporting young adults in an educational environment.
If you are interested in this role please apply today.
The Manchester College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We have also recently been awarded the Investors in Diversity award.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes.
Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience. All salaries are subject to job evaluation