Technician - Gas & Smart Technologies
We are seeking to appoint an adaptable and self-motivated individual to the role of Technician in Gas and Smart Metering. The post holder will be based at the Technology Campus, which has recently undergone a £5m refurbishment.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding area of the curriculum, which boasts continued learner success and achievement. The role will involve supporting the teaching, training and assessment of Duel Fuel Metering and Gas ACS.
The successful candidate ideally will:
- Have served a full apprenticeship within the Gas or Plumbing industry
- Be in possession of a Full Level 3 NVQ/Craft qualification in Gas or Plumbing
- Hold current ACS qualifications in CCN1, HTR1, CKR1, CENWAT1, MET1 and CPA1
- Have extensive industry experience within the gas sector and a knowledge of the SmartMeter initiative.
- Have knowledge of electrical systems and installations
You will have extensive experience of developing and maintaining practical workshops to the highest standard ensuring compliance with quality procedures and health and safety.
The benefits package includes generous annual leave, membership of final salary or career average pension scheme, professional development and training, free on-site car parking, and other voluntary benefit schemes, including childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme.
St Helens College is committed to Equality and Diversity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, students and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note we do not accept CV’s from recruitment agencies. Any speculative CVs sent to the College will NOT be considered.