Student Data Specialist (Progresso)
- A key priority of the role is to maintain the use of IT systems (focussing mainly on Progresso) and to support centre staff in using these systems so that they can operate effectively and be compliant with our policies.
- Work as part of a central team with ownership for all system processes currently automated.
- Support continuous improvement of these processes and of the system whilst maintaining standardisation.
- Analyse the processes and systems to contribute the effective delivery of academic programmes and student support services.
- You will work with relevant teams to deliver effective and standardised data collection and reporting.
- Centralised Support and Development Work
- Work with super users and maintain mechanisms of data sharing
- Support centres to implement process changes
- Provide staff training, local support and quality control for Progresso
- Maintain the system documentation and training materials
- Improve processes and systems drawing from best practice and data analysis
- Configure the systems for central components or where a deep level of expertise or control is required i.e. Academic year set up, managing assessment screens builds etc
- Build and test reports and small changes in the system in collaboration with the IT Progresso team and Progresso Super Users
Data Management and Reporting
- Audit data to ensure accuracy of data across the network
- Assist the relevant teams in data gathering exercises
- Work closely with regional leads to ensure the relevant support is provided to enable the planning, agreement and timely production of timetables including accurately recording teaching staff and room allocations, working in collaboration with staff employed to support at a centre level.
- Develop strong knowledge of timetabling and associated activities.
- Provide staff training, local support and quality control for Scheduling across the network.
- The job holder will be expected to operate in accordance with the Study Group Code of Conduct, policies and operating procedures relating to academic, welfare and safeguarding matters.
- Compliance with UKVI standards and reporting will be upheld in the data management aspect of the role
Qualifications & Training Required:
- Educated to degree level (or similar) or equivalent experience
- Recent working experience in a role requiring sound system and process knowledge (essential)
- Experience of the education sector (desirable)
- Building effective working relations (essential)
- Experience of explaining complex processes to other staff (essential)
- Working knowledge of Higher Education standards and policy (desirable)
- Detailed knowledge of Study Global (desirable)
- Data analysis and report building skills (essential)
- Training Skills (desirable)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to identify and critically assess underlying business problems from a range of perspectives and to develop processes and system solutions
- Ability to manage work in a sometimes ambiguous and highly dynamic environment, engaging collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders in order to achieve successful outcomes
- Ability to present confidently and explain complex information to a range of audiences
- Self-Motivated and Team Player
- Results and solution focussed
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Able to travel within the UK
Apply for Student Data Specialist (Progresso)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly