Resource Assistant in Maritime
To be responsible for the maintenance, and effective operation of equipment and resources within the School but with specific responsibilities in the section. To provide support for lecturers, specialist practitioners and students.
- Ensure maintenance and working order of equipment and resources in Marine Engineering Centre, Control Lab, HV Lab, Engineering Lab.
- Receive, check and store materials and equipment delivered to their designated area. Effective operation of stock system. Preparation of materials, consumables and equipment to ensure efficient delivery of teaching and learning sessions. Administration duties necessary for the efficient running of the School. Producing and adhering to maintenance schedules to ensure an efficient and safe learning environment.
- Provide support to students in practical workshops/classrooms under guidance and instruction from lecturers.
- Required to maintain security of equipment/resources in a safe, secure and clean environment. Maintain an awareness of Health and Safety at all times and assist with ensuring that students are aware of safe practices and procedures. Responsible for the installation, maintenance and dismantling of training and assessment rigs and equipment. Work unsupervised and use initiative to provide a quality learning environment.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC:
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.