Specialist Practitioner in Carpentry and Joinery
Summary of Responsibilities:
To co-ordinate, provide and assist in the development of the effective learning support service for students. This will involve providing training and support to learners across all levels of qualifications offered within the School including full and part time programmes.
- To provide information and advice and enroll students to courses.
- To instruct, assess, and supervise students on specified programmes within the area. This will include helping students to use equipment, find materials, explain set work, help solve problems and suggest different approaches. To prepare, adapt, organise and maintain learning resources/ and or equipment To set up the learning environment and undertake the day to day maintenance of equipment. In accordance with schemes of work instruct students in line with ILPs and curriculum plans, which have been designed with/and for them. To be fully conversant with programme/course regulations and specifications for the defined area thus ensuring conformity and best practice. To supervise learning in the delivery of related programmes in classrooms/laboratories/workshops/learning resource areas and other appropriate learning environments. Produce and carry out as directed , the organisation and administration appropriate to the learning situation including the marking of registers and the submission of other returns and records. To complete administrative returns, reports and assessments as may be required and provide relevant information for students’ tutorials. To assist with securing quality improvement within the School. Support students through the learning process and associated assessment activities. Assess, monitor and mark students’ work and allied activities. Assist students with action planning and recording achievement. Attend team, School and other appropriate meetings as required. Participate in any training appropriate for the role which may require attending internal and external courses. Contribute to the ongoing development of schemes of work and curriculum plans. Co-ordinate and participate in the internal verification and/or moderation of student work and allied activities. To maintain an awareness of Health and Safety at all times and ensure that students are aware of safe practices and procedures.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC:
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.