Part Time Tutor in Hair
Westminster Adult Education Service (WAES), judged by Ofsted Inspection as “officially good and on our way to outstanding”, is the largest local authority adult education service in London and one of the largest in the country. We offer a large and diverse programme of further education qualification courses and employer-based training as well as extensive community based provision. We have a diverse, enthusiastic student community, taught and supported by well qualified, dedicated staff. Our three main centres in Westminster are all modern, easily accessible and purpose built, offering high quality teaching and learning facilities.
Part-time Hairdressing tutor required to teach level 1 and 2 courses to groups of adults in central London. Successful applicants will have:
- Substantial experience of teaching groups of adults, including qualification courses
- A recognised teaching qualification for the lifelong learning sector, preferably CTLLS or PGCE, or equivalent
- A minimum of a level 3 qualification in Hairdressing (higher level qualification desirable)
- Extensive professional experience as a hairdresser
- A recognised assessor qualification (desirable).
We offer excellent employment benefits including a public sector pension scheme and opportunities for Continuous Professional Development.