Lecturer in Supported Learning
0.6 Established Post (21 Hours per week)
We require an enthusiastic, highly committed and knowledgeable lecturer to make a major contribution to teaching and training, management and support of SEN students and appropriate related subjects on a range of full-time and part-time courses.
As a member of our team you will:
- Think creatively and engage positively with learners with a broad range of complex needs.
- Set and meet differentiated learning targets for individual learners.
- Maximise learning opportunities and achievement.
- Optimise the contribution of classroom support staff.
- Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary colleagues towards delivering excellence.
- Have previous experience teaching students with ASD, SLD and PMLD. SEN training beneficial e.g. Team Teach, PECS, Makaton, TEACCH, CALM training.
We are looking for:
An SEN Teacher, who will be willing to teach classes that are both mixed in age as well as ability. The learners that attend this College have been diagnosed with a range of special needs including MLD, SLD, PMLD, ASD and complex needs; experience within SEN is essential to take on this role at a high standard. You must have a very outgoing personality, with the ability to plan lessons to accommodate all students as well as making lessons fun and enjoyable for students, helping them to engage and take part in their days at college. In the classroom you will receive support from LSA's for students according to their needs.
If you do not hear from us within 2 week of the closing date please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Harrow College is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: The interviews for this post will take place on TUESDAY 4 JULY 2017 and will include a micro teach session