Adult Learning and Development Manager
Varndean College is a thriving and successful sixth form college in Brighton with an excellent reputation for inclusion and adding value.
Looking for a new career where you can help develop a portfolio of adult courses to meet the needs of individuals and the business community?
We have a challenging and rewarding new role at Varndean College to lead our adult education team as our Adult Learning and Development Manager on a permanent, full time (37 hours per week) basis.
The purpose of this role is to lead your team to maintain effective delivery of education to our adult learners. We’ll need you to strategically plan for the development of the provision to ensure it meets contractual, quality and financial targets for growth. To do this successfully you’ll need to:
- Be passionate about the opportunities and benefits that engagement in adult education can bring
- Have proven knowledge of the Post 16 Education including experience of project development and contract management
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with a minimum level 2 in English & Maths
- Have a track record of developing, leading and managing a team effectively
- Have a track record of implementing and managing continuous quality assurance and improvement procedures in the post 16 education
- Have experience of successful partnership working
- A Teaching qualification or management qualification is desirable but not essential
In return you will benefit from an excellent package including - a favourable Pension scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Staff Development Programme, Cycle to work scheme, Free Health Care Checks, and free access to our on-site gym
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the key responsibilities, qualifications/skills and experience detailed within the person specification and assessment criteria.
Varndean College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. All roles are subject to job evaluation.
Interview and Assessment Day: 11th July 2017