We have a part-time opportunity for a Security Officer to join our Estates department, working 27 hours each week for 36 weeks each year.
As Security Officer, you will support in providing a safe, secure and welcoming environment for students, staff and visitors to the College. This will involve undertaking security duties to ensure that the relevant campus is opened and closed, secured and alarmed at agreed times and undertaking regular patrols to monitor security and reporting any issues through the appropriate channels.
As a Security Officer, you should:
- Have previous experience of front line security
- Hold a SIA Licence
- Hold a Full Driving licence
- Have GCSE grade A-C or equivalent in English and Maths
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to remain calm and professional in a range of situations, quickly assessing and diffusing situations in line with College policies and values
- Able to follow procedures and guidance as necessary
- The ability to operate College in house CCTV in line with College policy and Data Protection requirements
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people. Adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS. We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.