Lecturer in Initial Teacher Training (Secondary Education Specialist)
Ashton Sixth Form College has an excellent reputation for academic success, an outstanding record of student support and a vibrant college environment. We are proud of our reputation and popularity and we are committed to ensuring that our students receive the very best teaching and support with their studies. Our college community includes over 200 dedicated staff who work hard to ensure that all students have the opportunity to learn, develop and achieve at college, a college community where each person is valued and can flourish. Having a College that puts staff and students first means that we are constantly adapting to meet their needs. For this reason we seek to employ a culture-rich workforce.
Permanent, Flexible 0.4 – 0.6 Part time
- This is a 0.4 – 0.6 FTE post reporting to the Head of School Direct.
- This exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Higher Education team at the College in the delivery of teacher training (PGCE).
- You will teach modules on Education and Professional Issues, Learning and Teaching in Subject, Subject Knowledge for Learning and Teaching and Teaching Practice.
- The College is the lead provider in a School Direct Partnership and trainees are based in a partner school four days a week and will attend college one day a week.
- The post holder is required to be based at the College lecturing / delivering the modules and assessing and supporting trainees on Fridays and travelling to observe trainees teaching and meeting with mentors on another day in the week, usually Thursdays.
- There is an opportunity for an increase to 0.6 for someone who is able to contribute to teaching on other HE Education programmes, subject to demand/need.
Interviews will take place on: Wednesday 28th June 2017.
Ashton Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment. This College is an Equal Opportunities Employer.