Early Years Practitioner
We wish to recruit a qualified Early Years Practitioner to support the work of the nursery team based in Worthing College. A qualified Early Years Practitioner is required to work within the Nursery Team. This is a highly professional, busy and committed team which provides both a service to staff and students within the college as well as the larger community.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- General childcare duties including: changing nappies, cleaning faces, preparing snacks, serving meals, playing with the children and going outside in all weathers to supervise outdoor activities with children.
- Supervising activities in the nursery and being involved with the planning, development and implementation of the nursery curriculum, care and activities in the nursery.
- Undertaking observations of children in the nursery and maintaining appropriate records for children. You will be given a group of key children and you will be required to observe them and plan activities for them based on your observations.
- Dealing with parents on a daily basis this will include talking to them about their child’s day, including what they have eaten, who they have played with and any developments they have made.
- General cleaning and tidying of the nursery during the day to ensure it is a healthy and stimulating learning environment.
- Setting up resources throughout the day in a stimulating and exciting way.
The successful candidate will be offered a full time or a part time, contract of employment with the Corporation of Worthing College.