Nursery Room Leader
3 days left
- Full Time
We wish to recruit a Room Leader to support the work of the nursery team. This post is fixed term to cover a period of maternity leave.
A room leader is required to lead and supervise a small team of staff within one room in the nursery. This is a highly professional, busy and committed team which provides high quality childcare to the college staff, students and wider community.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensuring a high standard of provision at all times including safeguarding and health and safety.
- Ensuring age appropriate planning is in place and implemented effectively by all staff within your room.
- Maintaining agreed policies in the nursery.
- Maintaining appropriate records for children including carrying out assessments, observations and supporting staff to plan for and asses their key children.
- Ensuring the Nursery Managers and Deputy Manager are supported.
- Informing the Deputy Manager and Nursery Managers of issues within the room.
- Meeting with parents and discuss their children development regularly.
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships with parents/carers.
- Occasionally managing nursery enquiries and visits from prospective parents
The successful candidate will be offered a full time, fixed term, full year, contract of employment with the Corporation of Worthing College. The hours of work will be as above, subject to confirmation. The nursery operates a shift pattern, the normal shifts for a room leader would be 7:15am to 4:15pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm. These are flexible and may change to meet business needs.