Learning and Skills Manager – Engineering & Advanced Manufacturing
The purpose of the role is to support the Director of Learning and Skills in the development and delivery of an excellent learning, teaching, assessment experience for students. The successful candidate will drive the highest operational and behavioural standards within the directorate, to continually improve the quality of the provision as measured through key performance indicators and fiscal value for money.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide management and direction for the continual improvement of learning, teaching, assessment, student behaviour and curriculum development.
- Deputise for the Director of Learning and Skills when appropriate.
- Provide effective curriculum leadership, ensuring consistent efficiency, effectiveness and high quality of service to students.
- Promote and drive the culture of innovation, outstanding teaching, learning, assessment and behaviour, and an ethos on continual improvement.
- Manage and support student interviews, enrolments and admissions.
- To manage and co-ordinate the delivery of programmes, For example lead on the effective and timely deployment of staff, ensure all sessions are appropriately covered, allocate caseloads, assist with appraisals and probationary reviews, identify objectives and targets and initial disciplinary issues, conduct return to work interviews and oversee budgets.
- For more information, please consult the job description.
Successful candidates will have to complete a criminal disclosure check. We are an "equal opportunities" College so welcome applications from anyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.