Nursery Practitioner – Temporary Casuals
To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children aged 3 months to 5 years in age placed in the Nursery. To give support to other personnel in the Nursery and to implement the daily routine in the base room.
To liaise with parents and carers to ensure effective partnerships which support the development of all children within the care of the nursery are fostered; to respect the confidentiality of information received and to treat any such information with care and respect.
The duties of this post will include:
- Working closely with the room leader to plan, prepare, deliver and evaluate a programme of age appropriate activities in the Nursery in conjunction with other staff.
- Ensuring that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing.
- Wash and change children as required; Provide comfort and warmth to a poorly child.
- Maintain accurate records and efficiently undertake administrative duties; keep a proper record of achievement file on key children for parents.
- Ensure the provision of an environment that promotes and meets the needs of children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds and stages of development; work with parents of special needs children to give full integration in the Nursery.