Director of Quality
As a result of the upcoming St Helens College and Knowsley Community College merger we are seeking to appoint a Director of Quality. This is an exciting new opportunity for an exceptional individual to proactively lead and manage the College Group’s quality activity in relation to quality assurance systems and processes, ensuring the development of innovation and quality in the College Group’s curriculum.
The successful candidate will lead on the annual strategic and operational objectives and targets set in respect of specific quality improvements and general quality assurance processes across the College Group. You will need to demonstrate your success in managing quality for all types of provision (including sub-contracted provision) and will focus on ensuring consistency in approach and high impact of quality improvement objectives and activities across the College Group.
The successful candidate must:
- Have experience of engaging staff to work within quality assurance systems to improve teaching, learning and assessment
- Have a track record of working with awarding bodies to monitor, ensure active engagement and improve provision
- Have successful experience of supporting organisations to meet the requirements of regulatory regimes e.g. external audit, inspection bodies
- Have excellent knowledge of Awarding Body requirements in meeting assessment and verification requirements
- Have strong knowledge of quality systems within the further and higher education sector
- Hold a degree level qualification/professional qualification.
The benefits package includes generous annual leave, membership of final salary or career average pension scheme, professional development and training, free on-site car parking, and other voluntary benefit schemes, including childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme.
St Helens College is committed to Equality and Diversity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, students and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UK Visas & Immigration to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.