Head of Department Curriculum - A Levels
Great holiday allowance of 35 days plus bank holidays, excellent benefits package, 1000s of retail discounts and fantastic pension options.
Share your knowledge and allow our students to follow their dreams. Be part of our team as the new Head of Department for A Levels.
- As Head of Department for A Levels you will become a leading senior figure in the Academic Studies team helping us reach our College 2020 strategic plan.
- The Manchester College has strategic and academic links with major HE partners across the North West.
- Our programmes are employment focused by industry specialists with tomorrows business professionals in mind.
- As a Head of Department you will be at the heart of re-shaping Further Education across Greater Manchester.
The Manchester College is based at many sites across the city, each with its own specialist cutting edge facilities within a friendly and supportive environment. Rated Good by Ofsted we provide education and training to a wide range of learners. As a Head of Department you will report to the Assistant Principal in the management and operation of the Department. You will work with the Assistant Principal to effectively manage and deploy budgets and resources. You will be responsible for the direct line management of teaching and support staff to ensure delivery of an outstanding quality focused education. You will be required to deliver and promote high quality, student focused teaching and learning. The post will involve some teaching and you should indicate which subjects you are able to teach at A Level on your application.
In order to do this, you will need:
- Degree Level Qualification or relevant industrial experience or professional qualification
- Recognised teaching qualification
- Qualified to deliver curriculum, internally verify and moderate qualifications and awards
- Numeracy and literacy skills (to level 2 or equivalent)
- Responsible for the development, implementation and management of provision within the Department.
- Ensure that the curriculum meets the needs of Industry, local communities, national priorities awarding bodies, funding bodies and partnerships including EFA, SFA, HEFCE and others.
- Line manage staff including providing support, identifying development needs and opportunities and managing performance in line with college HR procedures
The Manchester College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes.
Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience. All salaries are subject to job evaluation.
Interested? For more information and to apply for this role please click 'Apply'.