Careers and Welfare Advisor x3
Great holiday allowance, excellent benefits package, 1000s of retail discounts and fantastic pension options.
Careers and Welfare Advisor - Various Term Time Only Opportunities
Share your knowledge and allow our students to follow their dreams. Be part of our team as a Careers and Welfare Advisor.
- To deliver quality impartial advice and guidance activities working closely with site leads and team leaders on a variety of educational (FE/HE), student Finance, benefits, immigration, accommodation and welfare matters.
- To support curriculum staff to enrol students and to directly deliver induction, tutorial and extra-curricular programmes/activities
- To work closely with curriculum areas, admin, finance and develop effective support strategies and mechanism to support enrolment, retention and achievement
- To engage external stakeholders and employers in activities/events internally and externally to benefit learners destinations
The Manchester College is based at many sites across the city, each with its own specialist cutting edge facilities within a friendly and supportive environment. We are the largest FE college in the UK providing education and training to a wide range of learners.
The role of a Careers and Welfare Advisor is to deliver an informed and effective IAG within the Careers & Welfare service to individuals and groups of clients, to support enrolment, progression retention, achievement of learners within the College to work and to work with key stakeholders and employers to maximise learners` positive experience
In order to do this, you will need:
- Level 6 Career qualification or a Level 4 Qualification in Guidance. Experience in Guidance and working towards registration on the Career Guidance Practitioners.
- Numeracy and literacy skills (to level 2 or equivalent)
- Extensive knowledge and experience of working in the Career and Guidance industry
- Registration on the UK Register of Career Development Professionals would be desirable.
The Manchester College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We have also recently been awarded the Investors in Diversity award.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes.
Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience. All salaries are subject to job evaluation.
Interested? For more information and to apply for this role please click 'Apply'.