Student Support Coordinator
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Student Support Coordinator to join the Study Group organisation, working from our brand new International Study centre. The right candidate should have proven skills in relationship building as well as strong emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours.
Study Group is a global leader in providing a transformational learning experience for international students, leaving them with academic success and rewarding careers. 2016 was a successful year with 70,000 students enrolling across 163 countries. This is an exciting time for the organisation as we introduce a new centre, working in partnership with a highly reputable University. Above all, providing a fantastic learning experience to our students is at the heart of what we do, so if you are passionate, dedicated, and interested in embarking in a truly fulfilling position, then you’ve come to the right place.
To provide support for ISC students, the student services team, support induction programmes, support academic staff in relation to student attendance and assist with activities in relation to visa, immigration and other compliance activities.
- To assist students with visa applications and immigration issues,
- To assist with the maintenance of UKVI including updating student information on UKVI SMS
- system and internal Student Management System (Study Global) and assisting with Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) and other periodic inspections.
- To upload passport, visa and BRP scans onto Study Global
- To support in arrangement of Police Registration for students, uploading certificates and information to Study Global
- To keep up-to-date with visa requirements and application procedures, liaising with HO as necessary
Induction and Registration
- To assist in the induction programme and the preparation of induction packs and welcome letters
- To deal with out-of-office hours queries, on occasions, regarding student arrivals
- To register students and comply with UKVI requirements
- Record and monitor late arriving students
- To deal professionally and promptly with students enquiries and requests for support and foster positive relationships with the student body
- Ensure student details are kept up-to-date
- Being the first point of contact for all students’ face to face matters and ensuring speedy resolution
- To provide general student support as required, including student correspondence – bank letters, police registration, study confirmation and council tax letters
- To facilitate the creation of the weekly ISC Student News Bulletin
- To run weekly attendance reports from Progresso for distribution to the Management team
- Report and monitor under 18s attendance , liaise with Visa Welfare and Compliance Officer
- To conduct and facilitate student/agent tours
- To support engagement with Building Futures activities
- To foster productive relationships with the student body and members of staff
- To support students to make payments using Payonline, and assist in the collection of outstanding fees
- To ensure noticeboards in reception and breakout areas are regularly updated
- Cover admin duties for other members of staff when absent and during peak periods
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of students with whom you come into contact.
- To assist the Head of Professional Services, Academic Administration Manager and Welfare Officer as required.
You will have experience of or a commitment to working with international students and have:
- A recognised teacher status qualification and/or
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related subject area and preferably a minimum of a Master’s degree
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Effective Communication including accurate written English
- Organisational Skills
- Proven customer service skills
- Knowledge of University database system/s and data inputting
- Advanced Word and Excel skills
- Knowledge of Further and Higher Education Courses/Structures
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.