Subject Leader in Science
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Subject Leader, with expertise in Science to join the Study Group organisation, working from our brand new Durham learning centre. The right candidate will require a commitment to excellence in teaching and scholarship, high standards of integrity and honesty, strong planning, development and implementation skills.
Study Group is a global leader in providing a transformational learning experience for international students, leaving them with academic success and rewarding careers. 2016 was a successful year with 70,000 students enrolling across 163 countries. This is an exciting time for the organisation as we introduce a new centre, working in partnership with a highly reputable University. Above all, providing a fantastic learning experience to our students is at the heart of what we do, so if you are passionate, dedicated, and interested in embarking in a truly fulfilling position, then you’ve come to the right place.
- Experience of providing leadership in a complex multi-disciplinary environment, with evidence of success.
- Experience of providing feedback to another person about their performance, which achieved a positive improvement.
- Experience of HR duties, such as delivering training and taking part in the recruitment process.
- Ability to delegate activities set deadlines and take responsibility for overseeing their successful completion to meet challenging deadlines.
- Experience of successfully leading on internal communication, which includes disseminating complex messages or changes to operations.
- Experience of working with international students and an understanding of welfare, well-being and cultural issues which may arise.
- Experience of data management and interpretation, and quality assurance.
- Experience of working across, up and down an organisation as well as with external partners and both national and international stakeholders.
- A sound understanding of UK higher education and experience.
- Strong team-working skills and experience of team development.
- Knowledge of the needs of international students and experience of working with international students.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate issues to a wide audience.
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines
- Sound IT skills including MS Office and MS Excel and experience of working with databases.
- Strong relationship management skills and experience of working across, up and down an organisation as well as with external partners and stakeholders
- A working knowledge of international admissions activity in UK Higher Education
- A high level of emotional intelligence including: patience and perseverance, good listening skills and empathy, and an ability to stay calm and manage challenging situations firmly and fairly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including a pleasant and professional manner
- A Bachelor degree and a post graduate qualification
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.