We are seeking to appoint an adaptable and self motivated individual to the role of Facilities Manager. This is an ideal role for someone who enjoys working at a fast pace with a variety of different tasks, who is self-managed with a strong work ethic, and has a positive 'can do' attitude.
As Facilities Manager you will provide leadership and effective operational management of the activities and staff within the Facilities Management department. This will include but not limited to; caretaking, cleaning, refuse management, stores, transport, car parking and security. The Facilities Manager will also deputise for and support the Head of Facilities Management in relevant areas and maintain and develop ‘Value for Money’ and ‘Service Excellence’ across the department.
The successful candidate must:
- have recent experience of managing a substantial Facilities Management (soft/hard services) portfolio
- be educated to at least Degree level/Higher National level or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- be able to demonstrate working knowledge of environmental legislative framework and relevant Health & Safety legislation.
- Have experience of effectively managing budgets
- Be able to evidence a commitment to maintaining and improving service excellence is also essential.
The benefits package includes generous annual leave, membership of final salary or career average pension scheme, professional development and training, free on-site car parking, and other voluntary benefit schemes, including childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme.
St Helens College is committed to Equality and Diversity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, students and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UK Visas & Immigration to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Please note we do not accept CV’s from recruitment agencies. Any speculative CVs sent to the College will NOT be considered.