Learning Support Practitioner
Have you ever considered working with offenders? Do you want to work in an environment where you can really make a difference?
Novus deliver learning and skills in over 100 sites within Her Majesty`s Prisons, private sector prisons, Approved Premises and the community. Working closely with stakeholders, they aim to provide locally determined, high quality provision which meets the needs and interests of learners.
Learners in custody and the community can access high quality employability and vocational training, underpinned by Functional English and Maths. Learners develop skills which will help them to find and sustain employment on release. This raises the aspirations of offenders, which effectively supports their progression to employment and responds to the needs of employers. This, in turn, makes a positive contribution to reducing the risk of re-offending
With this in mind Novus are currently seeking to appoint a passionate and enthusiastic Learning Support Practitioner, to deliver learning support at HMYOI Cookham Wood.
The purpose of this role (but not limited to) is as follows:
- To promote progression, and independent learning by delivering high quality, Literacy, Language, and Numeracy, learner-focused support to meet contractual requirements and standards in line with Novus policies and procedures.
- Assist the teacher/trainer in managing the behaviour of individual learners by using engaging and inclusive learning experiences and de-escalation methods.
As a successful candidate you will have:
- A level 2 qualifications in literacy, numeracy or be willing to work towards within an agreed timescale
- A level 2 or 3 qualification for Learning Support Practitioners or be willing to work towards within an agreed timescale
- An understanding of how people learn and methods that can be used to enhance a learning experience
- A track record of working effectively with people presenting with challenging behaviour
In return for your dedication you will be rewarded with:
- Generous holidays (increases on service)
- Fantastic pension scheme
- Extensive training and development
- Simply health scheme
- And many more...
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile. Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
Interested? For more information and to apply for this role please click 'Apply'.