Salary is dependent on level of qualification and experience
SGS Academy Trust is a Multi Academy Trust, which was formed in response to the request of the Regional Schools Commissioner, Sir David Carter in November 2014.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College sponsor the Trust, and their size and range of expertise forms the basis of the support for schools within the Trust.
SGS Academy Trust have an exciting opportunity for a Mathematics Teacher at SGS Berkeley Green UTC in September 2019.
We are looking to appoint an inspiring and engaging Maths Teacher to join our Team. The successful candidate will teach GCSE Maths and will contribute to the teaching of A Level Maths and Core Maths. There is the opportunity for A Level Further Maths and Level 3 Engineering Principles teaching for an appropriately experience and qualified candidate. The successful candidate will also be a tutor to a vertical tutor group of Year 10 – Year 13 students in one of our “Companies”.
We require a colleague who has:
- A passion for their subject and the ability to link learning to the real world;
- A proven level of excellence in the classroom at KS4 and KS5 or an NQT with significant potential;
- Exceptional drive and excellent interpersonal skills;
- A willingness to contribute to all aspects of UTC life.
In return we offer:
- Teaching at KS4 and KS5 with students who are determined to succeed in their chosen field;
- Excellent induction programme for NQTs, career returners and applicants with an industrial background;
- State of the art facilities in a purpose-built £15million Engineering and Digital Technologies environment;
- The opportunity to work in a small, motivated and dynamic team at a time of great change and potential;
- A professional, business led organisation with unparalleled CPD opportunities and support from SGS College, Gloucestershire University and many business partners.
Do you want to have a positive influence on the direction of technical education?
Can you support our students to become the wealth creators and idea generators of the future?
If so, this is your opportunity to make your mark. Come and join us on our journey!
Closing Date: Friday 22 March 2019
Expected Interview Date: w/c 01 April 2019
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud Academy Trust welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please apply via the link.